'Optimism Out of Control' now available on Amazon

Arguments/positions in defense of Evangelical Universalism.

'Optimism Out of Control' now available on Amazon

Postby [email protected] » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:02 am

Optimism Out of Control is now available in print on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/151523990X.
Of course the original location at http://www.dgjc.org/optimism is still a free read.

Thank you for further critical review of the manuscript. Publishing on Createspace allows me to make changes quite easily.

The teaser reads:

After decades of defeat in a wrestling match with grace I am now thankful to offer a helping hand to those seeking escape from confusion and even self-righteous deception. Read on to discover the awesome Biblical news that God loves you... because he loves all mankind! I thank God for the patience and prayers of many Christians and especially a few Christians who showed me grace while I thrashed through life searching for the answers that were right in front of me, to God be the glory.

And here is my own review of the book:

I, Jeff Martin, wrote Optimism Out of Control. Like many above I have defended Restorationism with Biblical arguments concerning 1) God's free will to save mankind, 2) mankind's lack of free will to save ourselves, 3) the meaning of "aion", 4) the temporal nature of afterlife punishment, 5) and Christ's atonement of all mankind as the new Adam and federal head of all humanity. These arguments are nothing new. My additional contributions to the discussion include the observation that Hades and the Lake of Fire do not the serve the same purpose. Unbelieving man is punished temporally in Hades, while the Lake of Fire is prepared to damn only Satan and his angels for The Ages of The Ages. I also observed the "Hosea Strategy" which is essential for a consistent Biblical hermeneutic. Jesus followed the example of Hosea as well as followed his own counsel in Proverbs to speak foolishness to the fool, calling his stubborn lost sheep, "not my sheep."
[email protected]

Re: 'Optimism Out of Control' now available on Amazon

Postby St. Michael » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:05 pm

This looks outstanding. I may be getting this. This looks like something I have been wanting. Thanks for this.
I do not say we are called upon to dispute and defend the truth with logic and argument, but we are called upon to show by our lives that we stand on the side of truth. ~~ George MacDonald
St. Michael

Re: 'Optimism Out of Control' now available on Amazon

Postby [email protected] » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:18 am

I am looking for someone excited about the message of Optimism Out of Control to translate the work into Spanish. Some compensation might be available. Thanks!
[email protected]